Mother’s Day is just two days away. Have you made plans? Sure you could go to brunch and overeat like many Americans as you celebrate the special mom in your life. Or you could create beautiful memories and take steps toward better health by including exercise in your family celebration!
Have a backyard family boot camp to mark the day! The Smart Pak makes it easy. It has everything you need for an effective fun workout. Plus it comes in a portable backpack.
Set up a circuit. Stay at each station for a set period of time (try 1 minute). Keep the time in-between the stations at a minimum. Alternate between cardio and strength and work both upper and lower body muscles.
Warm Up – 5 minutes
- Perform light cardio to prepare the body for the work ahead
- Examples include: jogging, walking, jumping rope
- Agility Ladder – Play follow the leader! Allow each child to choose a foot pattern.
- Plank Challenge – Low option on knees, Advanced option on toes
- Sprints across the yard – Make it a race!
- Medicine Ball Pass – Be sure to brace your core and maintain good posture!
- Bear Walk – Keep hips high
- Jump Rope – Pick a pattern
- Squats – Advanced option: Hold medicine ball to chest and press overhead as you rise
- Abdominal Crunches
- Lateral Walk using Mini Flat Band for resistance
- Crab Walk
Perform Circuit 2X
Cool Down – 5 to 10 minutes
- Walk around the yard to reduce heart rate
- Stretch major muscles
Make family fitness part of your Mother’s Day celebration to have fun today and better health tomorrow!