The holiday shopping season is upon us! Here are some “on-trend” gifts sure to bring holiday cheer to the fitness enthusiast in your life!
Last week, we shared results from the ACSM’s annual worldwide survey of fitness trends for 2017. Number 3 on the list, behind wearable technology and body weight training, is HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). ACE (American Council on Exercise) says HIIT offers benefits including:
- Significantly increased aerobic and anaerobic fitness
- Decreased fasting insulin and increased insulin sensitivity
- Reduced abdominal and subcutaneous (just under the skin) fat
HIIT is also appealing because it takes so little time. It features short bursts of high intensity exercise (30-seconds to 3-minutes), followed by brief periods of rest/recovery. Click here for ACE’S 22-minute speed training HIIT workout. To reduce the risk of injury, ACE recommends HIIT workouts 1-2 times per week.
Have an exercise junkie on your holiday gift list? The following are versatile pieces of fitness equipment perfect for HIIT workouts:
- The Smart Acceleration Ladder is a portable piece of equipment designed for speed and agility training… perfect for individual or team workouts. Bonus – it’s currently on sale!
- The Smart Pak also features the Smart Agility Ladder (15′ long). Plus, it includes a 6 lb. medicine ball, mini flat band, medium sleeved tubing, and power jump rope… all contained in a heavy-duty backpack. The Smart Pak is also on sale and portable for on-the-go boot camps.
- The Smart Plyo Box can be used at 20″, 24″ and 30″ heights. There are 9 exercises printed on the plyo box for easy reference.
Whether your recipients are naughty or nice, these gifts are sure to be a big HIIT!