Want to plan a memorable and healthful Mother’s Day? Include a quick workout and healthy meal in your plans to honor Mom!
Here’s a Mother’s Day Tabata-style circuit that includes both cardio and strength exercises. One round of traditional Tabata is 4 minutes. Alternate 20 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest. After completing 4 minutes, rest 1 minute then start again. Perform up to 4 rounds for a 20 minute workout. Choose a mix of cardio and strength exercises from the list below, alternating between upper and lower body exercises. Include a warm-up and cool-down.
- Jumping Rope
- Jumping Jacks/Lower option: Single Leg Jacks
- High knees /Lower option: Marching with High Knees
- Box Jumps/Lower option: Step-ups (see photo)
- Ladder Runs
- Burpees/Lower option: Squats
- Medicine Ball Pass – Touch ball outside the hip towards chair/Plyo Cube like a Russian Twist then pass back to partner (see photo)
- Dual Push-ups on Plyo Cube (see photo below)
- Squats with Calf Raises and Overhead Medicine Ball Press
- Single Leg Squats
- Dual Dips on Plyo Cube
- Alternating Lunges
- Plank/Lower option: Modified Plank on Knees
- Strength Band Pull Downs (wide grip on strength band, hold overhead, pull hands apart and downward squeezing shoulder blades together and opening chest)
Help release tense muscles after your cool down by using a foam roller. The Smart Foam Roller link to product features pictures of the exercises to target various muscles so you’re never left wondering “what to do”!
Still searching for the perfect gift that’ll “keep on giving” all year long? Give the Smart In-home Boot Camp that features all the products needed for such a workout, now with 20% off! On sale for May, all of Mother’s month. Use promo-code MOTHER2016.