Have you been watching the CrossFit Games on TV during the past couple of weeks? In these games, top CrossFit athletes compete in an incredible array of challenges putting muscular strength, explosiveness, and endurance to the ultimate test.
Create your own “games” at your gym or home by using functional equipment that challenges the whole body. Include box jumps, which are a staple in CrossFit and other gyms. In a basic box jump, you jump from both feet onto an elevated surface, landing on two feet. Jump back down or step down one foot at a time and repeat.
Box jumps increase athletic skills by building power and explosiveness. Quick jumps can also enhance agility. Using higher boxes can increase vertical jumps. All varieties of box jumps work the muscles in the lower body. You can incorporate the upper body by engaging the core and using arms for momentum.
Start with a low height and gradually increase over time. We offer 4 box types with varying heights and features for endless workout possibilities.
- Foam Plyo Boxes feature heavy-duty vinyl over impact-absorbing foam for safety, stability, and durability.
- Classic and Power Plyo Boxes can be used indoors or outdoors, offer multiple height options, and stack for easy storage.
- Smart Plyo Boxes come in four heights and never leave you wondering “what to do?” The 24-inch box has 8 exercises laser printed on the outside surface.
Add exercises or equipment to your box jump routine to “up the ante”.
- Add burpees between jumps
- Hold a medicine ball while jumping
- Wear a weighted vest while jumping
Ready to train like an athlete? Include box jumps in your routine!